We’re looking for a Junior Web Designer to become part of our media team here at Heart Internet. It’s a brand new role based in our Nottingham offices, so if you’re passionate about design and looking for a first (or second) job with plenty of variety, this could be perfect for you. Alternatively, if you read that and thought, ‘Hey, I know someone who’d love that!’, please share this opportunity with them.
Why work for Heart Internet?
We’re a bunch of friendly people who work in a pleasantly geeky atmosphere powered by high-speed internet and copious amounts of free food and caffeine. If you like a laugh, the occasional geeky pint after work, and want to be surrounded by people who listen to your ideas and appreciate what you do, Heart Internet is where you should be.
Sounds good, what does the role involve?
Working closely with the web manager, your main tasks will cover designing and implementing exciting new marketing campaigns, as well as updating our main website and its accompanying promotional material (a wide range of different media from social media imagery to magazine adverts).
What skills do I need?
We will love you for ever if you can show us how great you are in these areas…
• A natural flair for creative design
• Strong proficiency in coding standards-compliant websites in XHTML/CSS.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite e.g. Photoshop
• The ability to clearly articulate your ideas
• Understanding of web usability and information architecture, knowledge of wireframes and mock-ups (UI & IA Design)
• Experience in creating promotion material e.g. web banners, newsletters etc.
• Experience in designing for print would be beneficial but not essential.
What do I get from Heart Internet?
• Competitive salary
• Great pension benefits
• Unlimited free snacks, freshly brewed coffee and soft drinks 24/7.
• The freedom to wear whatever you like – there’s no dress code
• Relocation assistance (for those who qualify)
• Your choice of OS for your desktop.
• A friendly technical environment that encourages learning and creativity
How do I apply?
Please email your CV indicating the job you are applying for and anything else you think will be useful to: employ (at) heartinternet.co.uk. You must be able to work in the UK to apply.