Starting from 1st May, you (and your customers, if you’re a reseller) will be able to register and renew .co.uk, .org.uk, and .me.uk domain names for between one and ten years.
To register a UK domain name for up to ten years, simply find an available name via our domain name search or 360 Name Finder from 1st May. Add any .co.uk, .org.uk, and .me.uk names to your basket as normal, and then choose the number of years you want to register them for at the checkout.
The prices will be as follows:
- Single year registration: £3.99 ex VAT
- Multi-year registration (2 years +): £2.99 per year ex VAT
Changes to Domain Credits
Our domain credits system helps you save money on registering and renewing domain names by offering discounts for bulk buying. Find out more about Heart Internet domain credits and the domain robot.
In addition to the current domain credits system, you will be able to purchase one-year UK domain credits. These are specifically for one year .co.uk, .me.uk and .org.uk registrations. If you wish to register a domain name for an odd number of years beyond that (3, 5, 7, or 9 years), you will need to pay by card. If you wish to register any domain (.uk or otherwise) for multiple years, you will need to purchase our standard domain credits. If you would like to buy a .com, .net, .org or any other non-UK domain extension for a year, you will need to use standard domain credits.
There will be no discounts for single year UK domain name credits. Multi-year .UK domain name credits will cost the following:
- UK Domain Credits X 5 = £29.80 (£5.96 per domain)
- UK Domain Credits X 10 = £59.60 (£5.96 per domain)
- UK Domain Credits X 25 = £144.50 (£5.78 per domain)
- UK Domain Credits X 50 = £279.00 (£5.58 per domain)
I already have a domain name, will I be able to renew it for anywhere between one and ten years?
Yes, you will be able to renew .uk names for the same periods of time as new registrations.
What are the advantages of registering domain names for longer periods?
• You can take advantage of our domain credits system to save money on longer registration periods.
• You can benefit from the current prices and avoid potential increases in renewal fees for the duration of the domain’s registration.
• You don’t have to worry about renewals every year or two or risk losing your domain.
• Some search engine optimisation specialists believe that domains that are renewed for long periods of time carry more authority (you’re showing you’re committed to the website).
Will I be able to transfer my .uk domain names as normal?
Yes, you can transfer domain names in and out as you need. You don’t have to be tied into the same registrar for the full period of your registration.
Update: HostPay users can now allow their customers to register .uk domains for between one and ten years as well.