Do you have an idea for an article you would like to share with thousands of visitors to our blog as well as all our customers via our newsletter (plus get a back link from a PR6 website)?
If you do, send me a summary of your idea (matthew.telfer[at]heartinternet.co.uk), and if it captures our imagination and is suitable for our audience then we will publish it along with a biog about who you are and what you do.
What to write about?
The aim of our blog is to provide our readers with practical ideas they can apply to their own website. For example, you could write about:
• Social media best practise
• “How to…” style mini- guides for Photoshop
• Resources for CMS (WordPress, Expression Engine, Joomla etc)
• Step by step tutorials for Perl, PHP, Ruby etc
• SEO tips and advice (On site or off site)
• User experience (design, testing and improving)
• Analytics (beginner and advanced)
For inspiration, here are a couple of examples of our guest blog posts:
• Local Vs national SEO
• Making your website fully accessible for visually impaired and blind users
• Top 10 Joomla extensions you can’t live with out
There are no hard rules about length of the copy, but it needs to be original (i.e. not published elsewhere), interesting to read, cover a topic to a good level and be relevant.